2009 Bid4It Bucks Contest
The Contest begins at on July 2, 2009 at 8:00 am and closes on July 11, 2009 at 11:59 pm at aberdeennews.com.
No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest.
To enter the Contest, simply register (if registered for the auction in previous years, just log in between the entry time frame above) as a 2009 Bid4It Online Auction participant at www.aberdeennews.com.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
There will be 10 prizes consisting of $50 in Bid4It Auction Bucks given away. Bid4It Auction Bucks will be treated the same as cash on any winning bid during the 2009 Bid4It Online Auction. If you are a Bid4It Bucks winner, you may apply the $50 in Bid4It Auction Bucks to any item(s) you have won at the conclusion of the Auction. If you are not the winning bidder on any items, there is no cash value for the Bid4It Auction Bucks. If you are the winning bidder on any item in the 2009 Bid4It Online Auction, your $50 Bid4It Bucks will automatically be applied as cash on your item(s).
logs in to the Bid4It Auction website sometime between July 2 at 8:00 am and July
11 at 11:59 pm. He receives an email from CityXpress on July 13, saying he is a winner in the Bid4It Bucks
Contest, and has received $50 in Bid4It Bucks. During the Bid4It Auction,
Tom bids on a 15" TV from Lang's, a $100 Gift Card from Runnings, and
a Papa Murphy's Pizza Package. At
the end of the Auction, Tom is the top bidder only on one item, the
Runnings Gift Card. His winning bid for the Gift Card was $90. $50
in Auction Bucks will be applied to this Winning Bid/Purchase.
$90.00 Tom's Winning Bid -$50.00 Bid4It Auction
Bucks $40.00 Tom pays for his Gift
Tom logs in to the Bid4It Auction website sometime between July 2 at 8:00 am and July 11 at 11:59 pm. He receives an email from CityXpress on July 13, saying he is a winner in the Bid4It Bucks Contest, and has received $50 in Bid4It Bucks. During the Bid4It Auction, Tom bids on a 15" TV from Lang's, a $100 Gift Card from Runnings, and a Papa Murphy's Pizza Package.
At the end of the Auction, Tom is the top bidder only on one item, the Runnings Gift Card. His winning bid for the Gift Card was $90.
$50 in Auction Bucks will be applied to this Winning Bid/Purchase.
$90.00 Tom's Winning Bid
-$50.00 Bid4It Auction Bucks
$40.00 Tom pays for his Gift Card
Winners will be notified by phone or email within two days of the close of the Entry Period. Winner(s) will be selected by a random draw from all eligible online entries.
There is a limit of one entry per person or email address. Employees of the Aberdeen News Company and immediate family members of Aberdeen News Company employees are not eligible to win. See below for complete rules.
Bidder Bid4It Bucks Contest Rules
1. This Contest is open to any person who is a legal resident of the United States or Canada and has reached the age of majority in their home province or state at the time of entry. Employees of CityXpress and/or the Aberdeen News Company and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in the contest. This contest is void where prohibited by law.
2. The Contest begins at on July 2, 2009 at 8:00 am and closes on July 11, 2009 at 11:59 pm (the "Entry Period"). No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. To enter the Contest, register as a marketplace participant on the Bid4It Auction website at www.aberdeennews.com. Registering as a marketplace registrant constitutes a Contest Entry.
3. There is a limit of one Entry per person or e-mail address during the Entry Period. Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the holder of the e-mail account. Multiple Entries by the same person or from the same e-mail address or from the same person from different e-mail addresses in one day shall result in disqualification. All Entries must be submitted no later than the end of the Entry Period. All Entries become the property of the Sponsors and none will be returned. Entries will only be accepted online. Illegible, incomplete, late or garbled Entries will be disqualified. No Entries will be accepted by any other means, including but not limited to regular postal mail.
4. On July 12 at 8:00 am, Winner(s) will be selected by a random draw from all eligible online Entries received. Odds of being selected are dependent upon the number of eligible Entries received. Winner(s) must comply with all the Contest Rules. The prizes are not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded.
5. Winners will be notified by phone or email within two days of the close of the Entry Period.
6. There will be 10 prizes awarded, each consisting of $50 in Bid4It Auction Bucks.
7. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute any and all of the prizes for prizes of equal or greater value should all or part of a prize become unavailable for any reason.
8. All Entries become property of the Sponsors upon receipt and will not be returned and no correspondence will be entered into except with selected Entrants.
9. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
10. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, incomplete, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
11. By entering this Contest, Entrant: (a) releases and holds harmless Sponsors and their respective directors, officers, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, sponsors and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in this Contest, or participating in any prize-related activity; and (b) agrees to fully indemnify Sponsors and their respective directors, officers, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, sponsors and agents from any and all claims by third parties without limitation.
12. By entering this Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by these Contest Rules. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant they find to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, the Contest Website, or the Marketplace Website; (b) violating the Contest Rules; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions or use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Sponsor’s property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO IMMEDIATELY TERMINATE THE USER'S ACCOUNT, IF ANY, AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete Entries, notifications, responses, replies, or any agreement and release documents or for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur (including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an Entry). Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Entries in the Contest. Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Sponsors are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. Sponsors are not responsible for any injury or damage to Entrants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
14. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address, submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Selected Entrants may be requested to provide Sponsors with proof that they are the authorized account holder of an e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
15. By entering the contest, Entrant agrees to Sponsor's use of Entrant's personal information for the purposes of administering this Contest.
16. The names of the Winners may be obtained sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. These are the official Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all federal, state, provincial, county and municipal laws and regulations. These Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable laws or the policy of any entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors.